... Flood Warning extended until Tuesday afternoon... the Flood Warning
the Tombigbee river at bevill lock and dam.
* From Sunday afternoon to Tuesday afternoon... or until the warning
* At 6:00 PM Friday the stage was 111.0 feet.
* Flood stage is 122.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... rise above flood stage by early Sunday afternoon and
continue to rise to near 123.3 feet by Monday morning. The river
will fall below flood stage by early Tuesday morning.
* Impact... at 122.0 feet... cattle in low-lying areas of southern
Pickens County should be moved to higher ground. Cattle are cutoff
in lowlands of southern Pickens County at stages above 122 feet.
Lat... Lon 3321 8827 3307 8816 3287 8813 3285 8822
3301 8825 3320 8832
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Pickens Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 7:30 PM CST Jan. 18, 2019 – National Weather Service
Issued: 5:51 AM CST Jan. 19, 2019 – National Weather Service
... Wind Advisory remains in effect through 7 PM CST this
* timing... of the strongest winds will be through 7 PM.
* Winds... sustained 20 to 25 mph, with gusts exceeding 30 mph.
* Impacts... gusty winds can bring down tree branches and
vulnerable or weakened trees. Travel may be difficult at times
for those in high profile vehicles.
A Wind Advisory means that wind gusts of 35 mph are expected.
Winds this strong can make driving difficult... especially for
high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.