Tornado Watch 162 remains in effect until 500 PM CDT for the
. Arkansas counties included are
Arkansas Bradley Calhoun
Clark Clay Cleburne
Cleveland Columbia Conway
Craighead cross Dallas
Desha Drew Faulkner
Fulton Garland Grant
Greene Hempstead Hot Spring
Howard Independence Izard
Jackson Jefferson Lafayette
Lawrence Lee Lincoln
Little River Lonoke Miller
Monroe Montgomery Nevada
Ouachita Perry Phillips
Pike Poinsett prairie
Pulaski Randolph St. Francis
Saline Sevier sharp
stone Union Van Buren
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Independence Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 12:24 PM CDT Apr. 26, 2017 – National Weather Service
Issued: 12:11 PM CDT Apr. 26, 2017 – National Weather Service
The Flood Warning continues for
the Black River at Black Rock.
* Until further notice... or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 11:00 am Wednesday the stage was 18.9 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 14.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river will continue rising to near 20.2 feet by
Thursday morning. Additional rainfall is expected later this
week with potentially heavy rainfall this weekend. Please monitor
latest forecasts for updates.
* Impacts at 20.0 feet... agricultural land is flooding along both
banks of the river in Lawrence, Independence, and Jackson counties.
Minor flooding in Powhatan community and courthouse State Park.
* Impacts at 24.0 feet... thousands of acres of cropland and pastures
flooded. State Highway 37 in Independence County east of Cord may
be flooded. Water rises into low lying streets in Powhatan. Ball
Park and boat ramp area in Black Rock floods.
Fld observed forecast 6 am
location stg stg day time Thu Fri Sat sun Mon
Black Rock 14 18.9 Wed 11 am 20.2 22.8 22.7 21.9 21.5
Lat... Lon 3570 9140 3591 9125 3612 9115 3610 9101
3588 9110 3564 9128
Lake Wind Advisory
Issued: 4:19 AM CDT Apr. 26, 2017 – National Weather Service
... Lake Wind Advisory in effect from 9 am this morning to 8 PM
CDT this evening...
The National Weather Service in Little Rock has issued a lake
Wind Advisory, which is in effect from 9 am this morning to 8 PM
CDT this evening.
* Event... south winds will be elevated and produce wind
* Areas affected... much of Arkansas.
* Timing... by 9 am CDT winds will become elevated and last to
earlier evening around 8 PM CDT.
* Winds... south winds will reach 15 to 25 mph with some gusts to
30 to 35 mph.
* Impacts... boaters on area lakes and rivers should use extra
caution due to the expected high winds.
A lake Wind Advisory indicates that winds will cause rough chop
on area lakes, as well as some areas rivers. Small boats will be
especially prone to capsizing.