... This is a dangerous and life threatening situation...
the Flood Warning continues for
the Arkansas River at Ozark lock and dam.
* Until further notice.
* At 4:00 PM Thursday, the stage was 360.7 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and major flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 357.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river will continue rising to near 374.0 feet by
Tuesday morning and then remain at that level.
* Impact... at 373.0 feet, this is the critical stage for the lower
Hartman bottom levee. This is an extremely dangerous and life
* Impact... at 370.0 feet, this is the highest stage experienced
since the completion of the navigation system in 1969. Highways
309 and 288 northwest of Paris in Logan County are inundated by
backwater up Six Mile creek. Backwater flooding spreads westward
into Franklin County. This will exceed the December 29, 2015
flood when the river crested at 369.07 feet.
Lat... Lon 3546 9405 3550 9382 3542 9347 3536 9349
3531 9371 3540 9385
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Johnson Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 4:35 PM CDT May. 23, 2019 – National Weather Service