The Flood Warning continues for
the Arkansas River at Dardanelle 1 NE.
* From Friday evening until further notice... or until the warning is
* At 3:00 PM Thursday the stage was 25.1 feet.
* Major flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 32.0 feet.
* Forecast... rise above flood stage by late Friday evening and
continue to rise to near 44.0 feet by Tuesday... may 28th.
* Impacts at 32.0 feet... minor flooding, commercial and Industrial
areas along the river in Dardanelle and Russellville may be affected.
Lower lying agricultural land within the levee starts to flood.
* Impacts at 34.0 feet... approximately 2000 acres of farmland flooded.
Galla Creek wildlife management area partially flooded and State
Highway 105 along the river may be affected.
* Impacts at 35.0 feet... State Highway 155 in Yell County and County
roads inside the levee flooded. About 5000 acres of farmland flooded.
* Impacts at 36.0 feet... moderate flood conditions expected with numerous
roads and highways affected, backwater up Petit Jean river floods State
Highway 154. Carden Bottoms and Holla Bend National Wildlife Refuge flooded.
* Impacts at 44.0 feet... serious flooding expected, overtopping of
Dardanelle drainage district levee possible. Flood of record prior
to completion of the flood control reservoirs and the navigation
system was 44.1 feet in may 1943.
Fld observed forecast 6 am crest
location stg stg day time Fri Sat sun crest time date
Dardanelle 32 25.1 Thu 03 PM 27.3 35.2 40.9 44.0 Tue may 28
Lat... Lon 3508 9278 3507 9305 3522 9321 3528 9310
3519 9303 3520 9280
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Pope Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 4:17 PM CDT May. 23, 2019 – National Weather Service