... Forecast flooding increased from major to record severity...
the Flood Warning continues for
the Arkansas River at Toad Suck lock and dam tailwater.
* From Saturday morning until further notice... or until the warning
* At 3:00 PM Thursday the stage was 270.3 feet.
* Record flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 275.0 feet.
* Forecast... rise above flood stage by Saturday morning and continue
to rise to near 283.5 feet by Wednesday... may 29th.
* Impacts at 275.0 feet... Mobile homes in The Toad suck community on
the right descending bank near the State Highway 60 bridge are threatened.
* Impacts at 277.0 feet... additional residences in Toad Suck community
are affected along the right descending bank near State Highway 60 bridge.
Extensive farmlands along the river in Perry, Conway, and Faulkner counties inundated.
* Impacts at 278.0 feet... Lollie community affected. Additional farmlands
in Faulkner County flooded by backwater up Palarm creek and Tupelo bayou.
* Impacts at 279.0 feet... more farmland in Perry County flooded from
backwaters up the Fourche La Fave river. Also, backwater up Cadron
creek may close State Highway 25 west of Conway. Parking lot of The
Lock and dam flooded and water over lock walls.
* Impacts at 280.0 feet... portions of the Treasure hills subdivision
north of Conway may be flooded from backwaters of east Cadron creek.
Several roads west of Mayflower including Jones Lane, easterwood point,
Sand Gap, Raney Pavillion, and Windsong way will be inundated. Flood
crested at 280.45 in June 2015.
* Impacts at 282.0 feet... State Highway 216 south of Perryville, State
Highway 10 west of Perry, and State Highway 113 south of bigalow are
flooded from backwaters of the Fourche La Fave fiver. State Highway 60
west of Toad Suck closed. County roads in Mayflower area are flooded.
Flood crested at 282.57 in January 2016.
* Impacts at 283.0 feet... stage of 282.9 in may 1990 was highest since
completion of the McClellan Kerr Arkansas River navigation system
in 1969. Levees in Toad Suck community overtopped. Toad Suck store
affected. Perry County levee district number one was overtopped.
Fld observed forecast 6 am crest
location stg stg day time Fri Sat sun crest time date
Toad Suck 275 270.3 Thu 03 PM 271 275 278 280.5 01 am 05/29
Lat... Lon 3483 9247 3495 9262 3504 9261 3511 9251
3501 9248 3492 9238
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Faulkner Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 4:13 PM CDT May. 23, 2019 – National Weather Service