... Lake Wind Advisory remains in effect until 6 PM CST this
* event... gusty winds will surround a cold front that will move
through Arkansas today.
* Areas affected... large part of Arkansas.
* Timing... through late this afternoon.
* Winds... south to southwest winds at 15 to 25 mph with gusts
over 30 mph at times ahead of the front. Winds will shift to
the northwest at 20 to 30 mph behind the front, with gusts
possibly exceeding 40 mph in places.
* Impacts... boaters on area lakes and rivers should use extra
caution on Saturday due to the elevated winds. Also any other
outdoor activity that may be affected by the strong winds
should use extra caution.
A lake Wind Advisory indicates that winds will cause rough chop
on area lakes on Saturday. Small boats will be especially prone
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Scott Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Lake Wind Advisory
Issued: 6:50 AM CST Nov. 18, 2017 – National Weather Service