... Red flag warning in effect from noon today to 7 PM MST this
evening for strong and gusty south winds, low humidity, and a high
to very high fire danger for northern portions of fire weather
zone 153 including northern Graham and northern Greenlee
The National Weather Service in Tucson has issued a red flag
warning, which is in effect from noon today to 7 PM MST this
* Affected area... the northern portions of fire weather zone
153. This includes both northern Graham and northern Greenlee
* Timing... red flag warning is in effect from noon today until 7
PM MST this evening.
* Winds... sustained 20-foot winds out of the south at 15 to 25
mph with gusts to 40 mph.
* Relative humidity... minimum humidity values will range from 8
to 15 percent.
* Impacts... any fires that develop or are ongoing will have the
potential to spread rapidly.
* For a detailed view of the hazard area... visit
weather.Gov/Tucson and click on the detailed hazards icon.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or are expected to develop. A
combination of strong winds... low relative humidity... and dry
vegetation will create the potential for rapid and erratic fire
Please advise the appropriate officials or fire crews in the
field of the red flag warning for portions of Southeast Arizona.
Visit US on facebook... twitter... youtube... and at weather.Gov/Tucson
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
White Mountains of Graham and Greenlee Counties including Hannagan Meadow Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 2:14 AM MDT May. 21, 2018 – National Weather Service