... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 11 am PDT Tuesday...
* location... mountains of Shasta County through northern Sierra
and adjacent foothills.
* Timing... tonight through Tuesday morning.
* Winds... areas of northeast to east wind 20 to 30 mph with local
gusts 50 mph over higher ridges and through canyons. Strongest
winds expected tonight into Tuesday morning.
* Impacts... blowing debris, downed tree branches, and localized
power outages possible. Hazardous driving conditions for small
cars and high profile vehicles.
A Wind Advisory means that wind gusts of at least 40 mph are
expected. Winds this strong can make driving difficult,
especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
Interact with US via social media www.Facebook.Com/NWS.Sacramento
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
West Slope Northern Sierra Nevada Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 6:43 PM PDT Oct. 15, 2018 – National Weather Service
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 10:00 AM PDT Oct. 15, 2018 – National Weather Service
... Red flag warning now in effect until 11 am PDT Tuesday for
gusty wind and low humidity for fire weather zones 220, 221, 266,
267, 268, and 269...
* affected areas... fire weather zones 220, 221, 266, 267, 268, and
269. This includes the northeast foothills, motherlode, western
Plumas mountains, and west slopes of the northern Sierra
* Wind... northeast to east wind 15 to 30 mph with local gusts 40
to 55 mph. Wind decreasing some this afternoon, then increasing
again tonight into early Tuesday. Wind strongest over ridges,
and through favorably oriented canyons.
* Humidity... daytime minimum humidity from 5 to 15 percent,
with widespread poor morning humidity recoveries as low as 15
to 35 percent.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now, or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds, low relative humidity, and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
Interact with US via social media
- Dutch Flat
- Emigrant Gap
- Gold Run
- Goodyears Bar
- Grizzly Flats
- Hathaway Pines
- Kit Carson
- Long Barn
- Mi Wuk Village
- Pollock Pines
- Sierra City
- Soda Springs
- South Lake Tahoe
- Strawberry Valley
- Twain Harte
- Twin Bridges