... Lake Wind Advisory remains in effect until 5 am PDT Friday for
* winds: southwest to west 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 50 mph.
* Wave heights: 2 to 4 feet from mid-lake to Eastern Shores.
* Small boats, kayaks and paddle boards will be prone to
capsizing and should remain off lake waters until conditions
Check lake conditions before heading out and be prepared for a
sudden increase in winds and wave heights. Consider postponing
boating activities on the lake until a day with less wind.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Greater Lake Tahoe Area Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Lake Wind Advisory
Issued: 9:17 AM PDT Oct. 19, 2017 – National Weather Service
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 6:05 AM PDT Oct. 19, 2017 – National Weather Service
... Red flag warning in effect until 8 PM PDT this evening for
gusty winds and low humidity for Mono and eastern alpine counties...
The National Weather Service in Reno has issued a red flag
warning for gusty winds and low humidity, which is in effect
until 8 PM PDT this evening.
* Affected area... fire zone 273 Mono and eastern alpine counties.
* Winds... southwest winds increasing to 15 to 25 mph with gusts to
40 mph by early afternoon. Local gusts to 50 mph in wind prone
areas north of Bridgeport this afternoon and early evening.
* Humidity... 10 to 20% rising above 30% around 9 PM.
* Duration... 4 to 8 hours.
* Impacts... the combination of gusty winds and low humidity can
cause fire to rapidly grow in size and intensity.
Avoid outdoor activities that can cause a spark near dry
vegetation, such as yard work, target shooting, or campfires.
Follow local fire restrictions. Check weather.Gov/Reno for
updates and livingwithfire.Info for preparedness tips.