... High Wind Warning now in effect until 7 PM PST this evening...
... Wind Advisory now in effect until 7 PM PST this evening...
* winds... south 35 to 45 mph with gusts up to 60 mph.
* Locations in the warning include... the south end of the Shasta
Valley from Weed to Grenada.
* Locations in the advisory include... the remainder of the
Shasta Valley north of Grenada, including Montague.
* Impacts... strong winds will make travel difficult or
hazardous, especially for high profile vehicles. Loose items
may be blown about. Property and tree damage is possible in
the warning area.
* View the hazard area in detail at
A High Wind Warning means a hazardous high wind event is expected
or occurring. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or gusts
of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage. Travel will be
impacted, especially for high profile vehicles.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 25 to 39 mph are expected
with higher gusts possible. Winds this strong can make driving
difficult, especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Central Siskiyou County Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
High Wind Warning, Wind Advisory
Issued: 1:48 PM PST Dec. 16, 2018 – National Weather Service