... Red flag warning remains in effect until 11 am PDT Tuesday for
gusty east wind with poor overnight rh recovery for fire weather
zones 280 and 618...
* impacts: east winds, poor relative humidity recovery, and high
fire danger will likely contribute to a significant spread of new
and existing fires.
* Affected area:
- in western Siskiyou County in northern California... fire
weather zone 280 west of the Scott Valley. Higher elevations
will be most affected overnight into the morning hours, while
valley locations will be mostly affected during the afternoon
and evening hours.
- Portions of Curry County in southwest Oregon... all locations
except the valleys of fire weather zone 618.
* Wind: northeast to east winds 10 to 25 mph with gusts 20 to 35
mph. The strongest winds are expected to generally occur during
the morning hours.
* Humidity: recoveries 20 to 30 percent at higher elevations
Tuesday morning. Minimum relative humidities of 10 to 30 percent
this afternoon, and 5 to 25 percent Tuesday. Relative humidities
will be highest nearer to the coast in Oregon, and lowest in the
Klamath and Salmon river valleys.
* Counties affected:
in northern CA... Siskiyou.
In southwest or... Curry.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Central Siskiyou County Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 2:27 PM PDT Sep. 24, 2018 – National Weather Service