... High wind watch in effect from Thursday morning through late
The National Weather Service in Medford has issued a high wind
watch... which is in effect from Thursday morning through late
* Winds: south to southwest 30 to 40 mph with gusts up to 55 mph.
* Timing: winds will increase late Thursday morning, reaching a
peak in the afternoon and evening.
* Locations include: Adin, Davis Creek, Tulelake, Bonanza, Modoc
Point, including portions of highways 97, 395, 140, 39, and 139.
* Impacts: travel may become difficult or hazardous, especially
for lightweight and high profile vehicles. Loose outdoor objects
or materials could get blown about. Tree damage and blowing dust
* View the hazard area in detail at
A high wind watch means there is the potential for a hazardous
high wind event. Sustained winds of at least 40 mph, or gusts of
58 mph or stronger may occur. Continue to monitor the latest
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Modoc County Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
High Wind Watch
Issued: 2:54 PM PST Nov. 20, 2018 – National Weather Service