... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 6 PM PST /7 PM
MST/ this evening to 4 am PST /5 am MST/ Friday...
* what... snow expected. Total snow accumulations up to 3 inches
expected along the western and southern outskirts of the Las
Vegas Valley as well as surrounding areas in Clark County. For
the Las Vegas metropolitan area, rain may be mixed in with snow
at times which would result in much less, if any accumulation.
* Where... in Arizona, Lake Mead National Recreation Area. In
Nevada, northeast Clark County, Las Vegas Valley, Lake Mead
National Recreation Area and southern Clark County.
* When... from 6 PM PST /7 PM MST/ Wednesday to 4 am PST /5 am
* Additional details... accumulating snow will cause primarily
travel difficulties... covering roadways and limiting
visibility at times. Travel may become hazardous along
Interstate 15 due to areas of snow covered roads from Mesquite
through Las Vegas to Jean and Primm.
Prepare for winter driving conditions where snow will cause
primarily travel difficulties due to snow covered roads and
limited visibilities. Use caution while driving.
The latest Road conditions can be obtained by calling 5 1 1.
For more information from the National Weather Service visit
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Morongo Basin Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Weather Advisory
Issued: 2:37 PM MST Feb. 20, 2019 – National Weather Service
Issued: 12:57 PM PST Feb. 20, 2019 – National Weather Service
... Wind Advisory remains in effect until midnight PST tonight...
* winds... southwest 20 to 35 mph with gusts as high as 50 mph.
* Timing... winds will increase mid morning Wednesday, peak in the
mid afternoon hours, then decrease through the evening.
* Impacts... strong Crosswinds will make travel difficult
especially for high profile vehicles. Additionally, there
could be areas of blowing dust and sand briefly reducing
visibilities. Unsecured objects may be blown away.
Drivers should be prepared to encounter strong Crosswinds which
will make driving difficult... especially for high profile
vehicles. Use extra caution.