... Red flag warning in effect until 5 PM PDT Tuesday for low
humidity and offshore winds for the North Bay mountains...
The National Weather Service in San Francisco has issued a red
flag warning, which is in effect until 5 PM PDT Tuesday.
* Affected area... the North Bay mountains. Fire weather zone 507
which includes all locations above 1000 feet in Napa, Sonoma and
* Wind... north to northeast winds 5 to 15 mph today but increasing
Monday night into Tuesday 10 to 20 mph with gusts to 35 mph.
* Humidity... 5 to 15% with little or no night time recovery
* Highest threat... the next burst of moderate winds is forecast to
arrive during the overnight hours of Monday into early Tuesday
morning across the Napa hills.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
San Miguel and Santa Rosa Islands Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 3:21 AM PDT Sep. 24, 2018 – National Weather Service