... Red flag warning remains in effect from 8 am to 8 PM PST
Sunday for strong gusty winds and low humidity for the mountains
of Riverside, San Bernardino, and Orange counties, the Orange
County coastal plain, and inland Empire...
* wind... areas of north to northeast winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts
to 50 mph late tonight through Sunday morning... decreasing
Sunday afternoon and evening. Isolated gusts to 60 mph.
* Location... strongest winds and lowest humidity along the
coastal mountain slopes and below passes and canyons.
* Humidity... lowest 10 to 15 percent.
* Timing... strongest winds from late Saturday night through Sunday
morning with lowest humidity late Sunday morning through Sunday
* Outlook... winds will weaken Sunday night and Monday.
* Fire weather impacts... any fires that develop will likely
spread rapidly and be difficult to contain. Outdoor burning
should be avoided.
* Wind impacts... hazardous driving conditions for high profile
vehicles. Blowing dust may locally reduce visibility below
one mile at times. Debris on roadways and falling tree
branches are possible.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... .or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and heat can contribute to
extreme fire behavior.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Orange County Coastal Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 12:00 PM PST Dec. 16, 2017 – National Weather Service