... High Wind Warning in effect from 10 PM this evening to 2 PM
The National Weather Service in San Diego has issued a High Wind
Warning, which is in effect from 10 PM this evening to 2 PM PDT
* Winds... north to northeast winds increasing to 20 to 30 mph
tonight, with gusts up to 55 mph.
* Timing... the strongest winds will occur after midnight tonight
through mid morning Saturday.
* Location... the strongest winds in coastal Orange County will
occur in southern Orange County, including Irvine, Laguna Beach,
and San Clemente.
* Impacts... sudden, strong cross-winds, especially for high-profile
vehicles. Possible tree and utility line damage. Downed Palm
* Outlook... winds will diminish rapidly Saturday afternoon.
* Reports... please send reports of strong winds and wind damage
to the National Weather Service via our facebook and twitter
feeds and online.
A High Wind Warning means a hazardous high wind event is expected
or occurring. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or gusts
of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Orange County Coastal Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
High Wind Warning
Issued: 4:38 AM PDT Apr. 28, 2017 – National Weather Service