... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 6 PM this evening to
6 PM MDT Thursday above 8500 feet...
The National Weather Service in Grand Junction has issued a
Winter Weather Advisory above 8500 feet for snow, which is in
effect from 6 PM this evening to 6 PM MDT Thursday. The Winter
Storm Watch is no longer in effect.
* Locations include... Crested Butte and Taylor Park.
* Timing... snow showers increase in coverage and intensity this
evening and will continue through Thursday afternoon.
* Snow accumulation... 4 to 8 inches above 8500 feet with locally
* Snow level... near 8500 feet this evening, dropping to mountain
bases by Thursday morning. Snow levels lift to near 8500 feet
again Thursday afternoon.
* Winds... west 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
* Visibility... less than 2 miles in moderate snow and below 1 mile
in heavier showers.
* Impacts... higher elevation roads and highways will become icy
and snow packed with areas of slushy conditions below the
passes. Main impacts primarily above 9000 feet.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow and/or
blowing snow will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
West Elk and Sawatch Mountains Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Weather Advisory
Issued: 4:30 AM MDT Apr. 26, 2017 – National Weather Service