... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from midnight tonight to
9 am MDT Saturday...
The National Weather Service in Grand Junction has issued a
Winter Weather Advisory for moderate blowing snow, which is in
effect from midnight tonight to 9 am MDT Saturday.
* Locations include... Buford and Trappers Lake.
* Timing... scattered rain and snow showers will develop Thursday
afternoon with rain changing to all snow Thursday evening. The
snow will continue off an on through Saturday morning.
* Snow accumulation... 5 to 10 inches locally greater amounts
* Snow level... 7,000 to 8,000 feet with greatest snow amounts
above 8,500 feet elevation.
* Winds... east 5 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.
* Impacts... the moderate to locally heavy snow will make travel
difficult with some roads becoming impassable.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow and/or
blowing snow will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Flattops Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Weather Advisory
Issued: 3:29 AM MDT Mar. 30, 2017 – National Weather Service