... Red flag warning in effect from 11 am to 5 PM MST Monday for
wind and low relative humidity for the northern border area and
The National Weather Service in Denver has issued a red flag
warning for wind and low relative humidity, which is in effect
from 11 am to 5 PM MST Monday.
* Affected area... fire weather zones 238... 242... 244... 246...
247... 248... 249... 250 and 251.
* Timing... winds will increase Monday morning and become gusty by
mid morning. Humidities will lower through the afternoon.
Conditions are expected to improve quickly by sunset Monday.
* Winds... north 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
* Relative humidity... as low as 13 percent.
* Impacts... gusty winds and low humidity will be favorable for
rapid fire growth.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... .or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Southeast Elbert County Below 6000 Feet/South Lincoln County Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 2:18 PM MST Dec. 10, 2017 – National Weather Service