... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until noon MDT
* location... the eastern San Juan and La Garita Mountains above
10000 feet and the eastern sawatch and western mosquito
mountains above 11000 feet, Chaffee County above 9000 feet,
the upper Rio Grand Valley, Saguache County east of the
Continental Divide below 10000 feet... including Fremont,
Monarch, Wolf Creek and Cumbres passes.
* Cause and timing... a very moist storm system will track slowly
east across central New Mexico into Texas through Wednesday.
* Snow accumulation... 5 to 10 inches with locally higher amounts.
* Wind... becoming north at 15 to 30 mph tonight.
* Impact... travel will be hazardous due to snow, poor
visibilities and snow covered roads.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow
will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow
covered roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Eastern San Juan Mountains Above 10000 Ft Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Weather Advisory
Issued: 9:19 AM MDT Mar. 28, 2017 – National Weather Service