... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 6 am MDT Sunday...
* location... the Sangre de Cristo and Wet Mountains and the
southern I-25 corridor of Huerfano and western Las Animas
counties including the cities of Walsenburg and Trinidad.
* Cause and timing... heavy snow at times will continue today.
Lighter snow is then anticipated tonight before tapering to
flurries Sunday morning.
* Snow accumulation... total snow accumulation of 8 to 15 inches
with locally up to 2 feet for the northeast facing slopes of
the Wet Mountains.
* Wind... north to northeast winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts to 35
* Impact... snow and blowing snow will create hazardous travel
conditions today. In addition, heavy wet snow may produce tree and
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather
conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of snow
are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in an
emergency. If you must travel, keep an extra flashlight, food,
and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Wet Mountains above 10000 Ft Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Storm Warning
Issued: 4:45 AM MDT Apr. 29, 2017 – National Weather Service