... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 9 am MDT Sunday...
* location... eastern Las Animas County including Kim.
* Cause and timing... heavy snow at times will continue this
evening, then gradually taper off to flurries by Sunday
* Storm total snow accumulation... 8 to 14 inches with locally
higher snow amounts possible near the New Mexico border.
* Wind... north to northeast winds 15 to 30 mph with gusts around
* Impact... snow and blowing snow will create hazardous travel
conditions. In addition, heavy wet snow may produce tree and
power line damage. A prolonged period of below freezing
temperatures is likely, which may cause damage to cold
sensitive plants and outdoor irrigation systems.
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather
conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of snow
are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in an
emergency. If you must travel, keep an extra flashlight, food,
and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Eastern Las Animas County Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Storm Warning
Issued: 7:25 PM MDT Apr. 29, 2017 – National Weather Service