... High Wind Warning remains in effect until 5 PM MDT this
* location... all of the southeast Colorado plains including
Walsenburg, Trinidad, La Junta, Lamar and Springfield.
* Cause and timing... an intense storm system over southeast
Colorado will move slowly into Kansas through the afternoon.
* Wind... north 35 to 45 gusting over 65 mph.
* Impact... these winds will pose a hazard to high profile
vehicles, especially on east to west oriented roadways. Winds
may also take down power lines and trees, knock out power,
cause property damage, and reduced visibilities; due to snow
over the Palmer Divide, and possibly dust across the eastern
* Potential fire weather impact... although humidity values will
be much higher today, if power lines were to fall on any dry
grass, then the potential will exist for a fast moving grass
fire to occur.
A High Wind Warning means a hazardous high wind event is expected
or occurring. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or gusts
of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Springfield Vicinity/Baca County Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
High Wind Warning
Issued: 10:06 AM MDT Mar. 24, 2017 – National Weather Service