... Red flag warning remains in effect until 9 PM MDT this evening
for gusty winds and low humidity for fire weather zone 413...
* affected area... fire weather zone 413. The area from Holbrook
east to Preston along the Utah border should not see critical
* Wind... west to west-northwest gusts 20 to 25 mph. The highest
gusts will be at mid and upper slope elevations.
* Humidity... 7 to 14 percent.
* Haines... 5 and 6.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now, or will shortly based on these criteria
for southeastern idaho:
* relative humidity at or below 15 percent and wind gusts of at
least 25 mph in the mountains, or 30 mph in the snake plain.
* Thunderstorm coverage of 25 percent, without specific rainfall
* Other high impact evens deemed critical by the National
Weather Service and area fire management agencies.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Lower Snake River Plain Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 1:39 PM MDT Aug. 14, 2018 – National Weather Service