... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 6 PM MDT this
* impacts... travel and outdoor recreation are expected to be
hazardous in the back country and through mountain passes. Now
is the time to prepare your emergency supply travel kit.
* Timing... heaviest snow is expected across the central Idaho
mountains this morning and across the Wyoming border region this
* Snow accumulations... 2 to 6 inches of additional snow, highest
accumulations above 8500 feet.
* Confidence... moderate to high in snow impacts; moderate
regarding the timing of when the snow will end and location of
* Locations... above 6500 ft of the upper snake Highlands,
including Monida Pass. Above 6500 ft in The Sawtooth
mountains, big and little Wood River region, Lost
River/pahsimeroi including Galena Summit and Willow Creek
Summit with heaviest snow falling above 8500 ft.
Precautionary/preparedness actions... a Winter Weather Advisory
for snow means that periods of snow will cause primarily travel
difficulties. Be prepared for snow covered roads and limited
visibilities, and use caution while driving.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Big and Little Wood River Region Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Weather Advisory
Issued: 2:36 AM MDT Sep. 22, 2017 – National Weather Service