The Flood Warning continues for
the Mississippi River at Natchez
* from Saturday March 03 to Monday March 19.
* At 7:00 PM Thursday the stage was 40.5 feet.
* Moderate flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 48.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river will rise above flood stage Saturday March 03
and will continue to rise to near 51.5 feet Wednesday March 14.
The river will fall below flood stage Sunday March 18.
* Impact... at 51.0 feet... water is covering the roads in old downtown
area of Fort Adams.
* Impact... at 48.0 feet... Carthage Point Road becomes impassable.
* Impact... at 47.0 feet... water begins to enter the former Belwood
Golf course and Carthage Point Road area south of Natchez.
* Impact... at 45.0 feet... water under some buildings around Fort
* Impact... at 44.0 feet... some camps and most access roads are flooded
along Lake Mary.
* Impact... at 43.0 feet... water covers Thornburg Lake Road in the area
known as anna's bottom which is north of Natchez. Also, Lake Mary
Road is under water.
* Impact... at 38.0 feet... lowlands along the river in areas not
protected by levees begin to flood. On both side of the river,
there are areas that contain oil and gas wells; however, these are
not affected until higher stages.
Flood observed forecast 6 am crest
location stg stg day time Fri Sat sun crest time date
Lower Mississippi River
Natchez 48 40.5 Thu 07 PM 40.8 41.8 42.9 51.5 07 am 03/14
Lat... Lon 3101 9170 3130 9167 3193 9129 3187 9114
3130 9147 3100 9154
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Concordia Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 8:15 PM CST Feb. 22, 2018 – National Weather Service