The Flood Warning continues for
the Calcasieu River near Glenmora.
* Until further notice... or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 9:45 am Sunday the stage was 16.1 feet.
* Moderate flooding is occurring and moderate flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 12.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river will continue to fall to a stage of 15.1 feet
by tomorrow morning.
* Impact... at stages near 15.0 feet... flooding of secondary roads
near the river and its tributaries begins, including Ashmore Road.
Strothers crossing Road near Calcasieu and Price Crossing Road near
Hineston have several feet of water over them and subject to
* Impact... at stages near 14.0 feet... some roads upstream from
Glenmora, including strothers crossing Road near the community of
Calcasieu and Price Crossing Road near Hineston have two to three
feet of water over the Road and are subject to being closed.
Flooding of forested areas near the river will also occur.
* Impact... at stages near 12.0 feet... when the river is falling and
the gauge reading is forecast to be near 12 feet, flooding of
forested areas near the river will occur.
Lat... Lon 3115 9275 3105 9265 3090 9262 3090 9269 3113 9279
1101 am CST sun Feb 25 2018
The Flood Warning continues for
the Red River near Alexandria.
* From Tuesday afternoon until further notice... or until the warning
* At 10:00 am Sunday the stage was 27.5 feet.
* Moderate flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 32.0 feet.
* Forecast... rise above flood stage by Tuesday early afternoon and
continue to rise to near 36.5 feet by Thursday evening.
* Impact... at stages near 35.0 feet... considerable overflow below
Alexandria to the confluence with the Black River occurs. Backwater
flooding worsens along inflow bayous that drain into the Red River.
* Impact... at stages near 33.0 feet... backwater flooding begins
along bayou Maria and Huffman creeks east of Pineville.
* Impact... at stages near 32.0 feet... flooding of lowland areas near
the river occurs and recreational boating is affected.
* Impact... at stages near 31.0 feet... some of the outfall canals are
slowed or not allowed to drain into the river between 31 and 32
feet. Depending on rainfall this could cause flooding along some of
the bayous, especially along bayou rigolette.
* Impact... at stages near 28.0 feet... overflow occurs on Floodway
side of levee from gauge to Acme. Recreational boaters should use
extreme caution due to High River flows.
Lat... Lon 3125 9227 3138 9185 3122 9173 3105 9223
3143 9285 3160 9271
1124 am CST Thu Feb 22 2018
The National Weather Service in Lake Charles has issued a
* Flood Warning for...
north central Rapides Parish in central Louisiana...
* until 1115 am CST Tuesday
* at 1118 am CST, heavy rains over the watershed of bayou rigolette.
Will likely cause significant rises on The Bayou. This in
combination of rises expected on the Red River. Flooding may
become more of a concern over the next several days.
A Flood Warning means that flooding is imminent or occurring. All
interested parties should take necessary precautions immediately.
Lat... Lon 3140 9244 3135 9240 3132 9245 3135 9246
3134 9249 3136 9249 3136 9254 3138 9257
3138 9260 3137 9263 3139 9263 3142 9248
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Rapides Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning
Issued: 11:01 AM CST Feb. 25, 2018 – National Weather Service