The Flood Warning continues for
the Mississippi River at New Orleans.
* Until Friday morning.
* At 7:00 PM Monday the stage was 16.7 feet.
* Flood stage is 17.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river is cresting and will fluctuate near flood stage
for several days before beginning a slow fall.
* Impact... at 17.0 feet... the river level will continue making
navigation and docking difficult. The city is protected to a
project height of 20 feet.
* Impact... at 13.0 feet... strong eddies will develop below the gage at
Carrollton, with increased negative impacts on navigation.
Lat... Lon 2997 9016 2992 8992 2988 8997 2991 9016 2999 9048 3007 9046
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Upper St. Bernard Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 8:28 PM CDT Mar. 19, 2018 – National Weather Service