... Wind Chill Advisory in effect from midnight tonight to 9 am
* what... very cold wind chills as low as 5 below zero.
* Where... the lower Maryland Eastern Shore.
* When... from midnight tonight to 9 am EST Monday.
* Additional details... the cold wind chills could cause frostbite
on exposed skin in as little as 30 minutes.
A Wind Chill Advisory means that cold air and the wind will
combine to create low wind chills. Frostbite and hypothermia can
occur if precautions are not taken. Make sure you wear a hat and
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Maryland Beaches Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Wind Chill Advisory
Issued: 3:29 AM EST Jan. 20, 2019 – National Weather Service
Issued: 10:54 AM EST Jan. 20, 2019 – National Weather Service
... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 10 PM EST this evening...
* areas affected: the lower Eastern Shore.
* Winds: northwest 25 to 35 mph with gusts of 40 to 50 mph.
* Timing: this afternoon and evening.
* Impacts: strong winds may blow down limbs, trees, and power
lines. Isolated power outages will be possible.
A Wind Advisory is issued when sustained winds are forecast to be
31 to 39 mph or gusts will range between 46 and 57 mph. Winds of
these magnitudes may cause minor property damage without extra
precautions. Motorists in high profile vehicles should use
caution until the winds subside.
Nearby Radar Stations
- Assateague Island Natl Seashore
- Bay Shore Acres
- Big Levels
- Caine Harbor Mile
- Cape Isle of Wight
- Captains Hill
- Captains Knoll
- Dills Acres
- Edgewater Acres
- Golf Club Shores
- Greenwood Place
- Herring Landing
- Holly Grove
- Lewis Corner
- Montego Bay
- Mystic Harbor
- Newport South
- North Ocean City
- Ocean Bay City
- Ocean City
- Salt Grass Cove
- Warrens Park
- West Ocean City
- Wood Duck Isle