... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 6 am EST Sunday...
* what... snow, sleet and freezing rain. Total snow accumulations
of 2 to 4 inches and ice accumulations of up to a quarter of an
inch. Highest accumulations will be at higher elevations.
* Where... extreme western Allegany County.
* When... until 6 am EST Sunday.
* Additional details... power outages and tree damage are likely
due to the ice. Travel could be very difficult.
A Winter Storm Warning means significant amounts of snow, sleet
and ice will make travel very hazardous or impossible.
The latest Road conditions for the state you are calling from can
be obtained by calling 5 1 1.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Extreme Western Allegany Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Storm Warning
Issued: 1:52 PM EST Jan. 19, 2019 – National Weather Service
Issued: 1:44 PM EST Jan. 19, 2019 – National Weather Service
... Wind Advisory in effect from 7 am to 7 PM EST Sunday...
The National Weather Service in Baltimore MD/Washington has
issued a Wind Advisory, which is in effect from 7 am to 7 PM EST
* Timing... during daylight hours Sunday. Highest gusts will be
midday and afternoon.
* Winds... northwest 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 50 mph. Highest
gusts will be on the ridges.
* Impacts... strong winds may blow down limbs, trees, and power
lines. Scattered power outages are expected.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 45 to 55 mph are expected.
Winds this strong can make driving difficult, especially for high
Nearby Radar Stations
- Allegany Grove
- Borden Shaft
- Carlos Junction
- Cresaptown-Bel Air
- Dogwood Flats
- Eckhart Mines
- Georges Creek
- Horseshoe Curve
- Lucas Heights
- Mount Savage
- Red Hill
- Sixmile House
- Slabtown (Mount Savage)
- Vale Summit
- Wrights Crossing