... Forecast flooding increased from moderate to record severity...
the Flood Warning continues for
the Kalamazoo river at Comstock.
* Until Tuesday morning.
* At 10:15 am Thursday the stage was 9.8 feet.
* Flood stage is 9.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and record flooding is forecast.
* Forecast, the river will continue rising to near 11.4 feet by late
Saturday night. The river will fall below flood stage Monday
* Impact, at 11.0 feet... expect extensive basement flooding and major
flooding of businesses and the first floors of homes in the Portage
creek, Axtell creek, and gull street areas in Kalamazoo.
* Flood history, this crest compares to a previous crest of 10.9 feet
on Apr 8 1947.
Lat... Lon 4242 8554 4231 8549 4224 8549 4226 8558
1015 am EST Thu Feb 22 2018
The Flood Warning continues for
the Portage River near Vicksburg.
* Until Monday afternoon.
* At 6:56 am Thursday the stage was 6.2 feet.
* Flood stage is 5.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast, the river will continue to fall below flood stage by
Sunday early afternoon.
* Impact, at 6.0 feet... expect minor basement flooding of several
homes built adjacent to the river.
* Flood history, this crest compares to a previous crest of 5.8 feet
on Aug 17 2016.
Lat... Lon 4208 8552 4211 8553 4215 8548 4216 8544
4211 8544 4208 8547
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Kalamazoo Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 11:02 AM EST Feb. 22, 2018 – National Weather Service