... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 7 PM EST Monday...
* what... light sleet and freezing rain will continue tonight. A
wintry mix of light snow, sleet and patchy freezing rain is
expected to become more widespread early Monday morning and
will linger through the morning hours. Additional snow
accumulations of 1 to 2 inches are possible. A thin light glaze
of ice is also possible.
* Where... the northern Piedmont of central North Carolina, along
the Interstate 85 corridor.
* When... through Monday. This includes The Triad area.
* Temperatures... will remain at or just below freezing through
* Additional details... travel conditions will remain treacherous
into Monday. In addition, numerous power outages from the
significant accumulations of heavy wet snow can be expected.
A Winter Storm Warning means significant amounts of snow, sleet
and ice will make travel very hazardous or impossible.
The latest Road conditions for North Carolina can be found online
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Person Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Storm Warning
Issued: 10:53 PM EST Dec. 9, 2018 – National Weather Service
Nearby Radar Stations
- Allens Level
- Bethel Hill
- Bushy Fork
- Chub Lake
- Denny Store
- Fairfield Park
- Five Forks
- Gentry Store
- Hicks Village
- Hurdle Mills
- Longs Store
- Madison Park
- McGehees Mill
- Mount Tirzah
- Olive Hill
- Paynes Tavern
- Triple Springs
- Whitt Town