... Wind Advisory in effect from 4 PM this afternoon to noon EST
The National Weather Service in Greenville-Spartanburg has issued
a Wind Advisory, which is in effect from 4 PM this afternoon to
noon EST Sunday.
* Locations... the mountains and higher foothills of western North
Carolina, plus Rabun and Habersham counties in Georgia.
* Hazards... strong wind gusts.
* Timing... winds will increase late this afternoon and are
expected to be strongest between midnight and sunrise Sunday.
* Winds... west to northwest, 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 40 mph
in lower elevations. Elevations above 3500 feet will see some
gusts exceed 50 mph.
* Impacts... strong winds may blow down limbs, trees, and power
lines. Scattered power outages are expected.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds
this strong can make driving difficult... especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio or your favorite source of
weather information for the latest updates. Additional details
can be found at www.Weather.Gov/gsp.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
McDowell Mountains Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 3:53 AM EST Nov. 18, 2017 – National Weather Service