... High Wind Warning in effect from 6 PM this evening to 9 PM MDT
The National Weather Service in Midland/Odessa has issued a High
Wind Warning, which is in effect from 6 PM this evening to 9 PM
MDT Friday. The high wind watch is no longer in effect.
* Timing... this evening through Friday early evening.
* Winds... tonight east 35 to 45 mph. Friday west 40 to 50 mph
with gusts to 65 mph.
* Impacts... high winds could make driving difficult for motorists
driving high profile vehicles. Aviation interests may experience
localized but extreme turbulence if flying in the vicinity of
the Guadalupe Mountains.
A High Wind Warning means a hazardous high wind event is expected
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Guadalupe Mountains of Eddy County Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
High Wind Warning
Issued: 1:08 PM MDT Apr. 19, 2018 – National Weather Service
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 1:57 PM MDT Apr. 19, 2018 – National Weather Service
... Red flag warning remains in effect from 11 am CDT /10 am MDT/
to 9 PM CDT /8 PM MDT/ Friday for windy and dry conditions, and
very high to extreme fire danger for all of southeast New Mexico
and south through the Davis Mountains and Marfa Plateau...
* wind... southwest 30 to 50 mph in the Guadalupe Mountains with
higher gusts. Southwest 20 to 30 in the plains with higher
* Humidity... 5 to 15 percent.
* Fire danger... very high to extreme.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now or will shortly. A combination of strong
winds, low relative humidity and warm temperatures will increase
potential for fire growth.