... Wind Advisory in effect from 9 am CDT /8 am MDT/ to 7 PM CDT
/6 PM MDT/ Friday...
The National Weather Service in Midland/Odessa has issued a Wind
Advisory, which is in effect from 9 am CDT /8 am MDT/ to 7 PM CDT
/6 PM MDT/ Friday.
* Timing... Friday morning until early evening.
* Winds... southeast winds 25 to 35 mph gusts to 45 mph.
* Impacts... secure lawn furniture, garbage cans or other objects
which could be blown about by the wind. Local blowing dust will
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 30 mph are expected. Winds
this strong can make driving difficult, especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Southern Lea County Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 1:08 PM MDT Apr. 19, 2018 – National Weather Service
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 1:57 PM MDT Apr. 19, 2018 – National Weather Service
... Red flag warning remains in effect from 11 am CDT /10 am MDT/
to 9 PM CDT /8 PM MDT/ Friday for windy and dry conditions, and
very high to extreme fire danger for all of southeast New Mexico
and south through the Davis Mountains and Marfa Plateau...
* wind... southwest 30 to 50 mph in the Guadalupe Mountains with
higher gusts. Southwest 20 to 30 in the plains with higher
* Humidity... 5 to 15 percent.
* Fire danger... very high to extreme.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now or will shortly. A combination of strong
winds, low relative humidity and warm temperatures will increase
potential for fire growth.