... Wind Advisory remains in effect from 8 am this morning to 7 PM
MST this evening...
* location... northwest Highlands, west central mountains,
Southwest Mountains, Jemez Mountains, Sandia and Manzano
Mountains, Central Highlands, south Central Highlands, south
* Winds... sustained from the northwest at 25 to 35 mph with
occasional gusts of 45 to 55 mph.
* Timing... winds will strengthen by mid morning, first in western
New Mexico, with speeds continuing to strengthen and spread
eastward through the mid to late afternoon. Wind speeds are
expected to decrease around sunset.
* Visibility... no widespread visibility reductions are expected,
but localized blowing dust will be possible near some open
fields, ongoing construction sites, and other similar dust-
* Local impacts... strong cross winds are expected on southwest
to northeast oriented roads and highways. This could create
difficult driving conditions for high profile vehicles.
Lightweight or loose objects, such as Holiday decorations, may
become blown around or toppled.
Motorists should exercise caution while travelling. Sudden gusts
of wind may cause you to lose control of your vehicle. Extra
attention should be given to cross winds.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Southwest Mountains Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 2:35 AM MST Dec. 19, 2018 – National Weather Service