... Wind Advisory now in effect until noon MDT Friday...
* location... east slopes Sangre de Cristo Mountains, Raton ridge
and Johnson Mesa, far northeast and northeast Highlands.
* Winds... south to southeast 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 50 mph
tonight. Winds becoming southwest early Friday.
* Timing... winds will increase this afternoon and continue through
midnight. A few snow showers are expected to develop at
elevations above 8500 or 9000 feet tonight while winds continue
to impact the area.
* Visibility... locally reduced in areas of blowing dust. Localized
blowing snow possible above 9000 feet.
* Local impacts... strong cross winds will create difficult
travel on east to west oriented roadways.
Motorists should exercise caution while travelling. Sudden gusts
of wind may cause you to lose control of your vehicle. Extra
attention should be given to cross winds.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Northeast Highlands Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 2:50 PM MDT Apr. 19, 2018 – National Weather Service