... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 7 PM MDT this evening...
* location... areas near and east of the Central Mountain chain
* Winds... west 30 to 40 mph, with occasional gusts to near 55
* Timing... winds will continue to increase, peaking in the mid
afternoon and then decreasing during the early evening.
* Visibility... localized reductions to between 3 and 5 miles in
* Local impacts... sudden wind gusts can cause drivers to lose
control especially in lightweight or high profile vehicles.
Strong winds can cause blowing dust, reducing visibilities and
may cause flying debris. Light outdoor objects could be moved
by the strong winds. Dangerous Crosswinds are likely on north
to south oriented roadways, such as Interstate 25 between
Raton Pass and Las Vegas.
Motorists should exercise caution while travelling. Sudden gusts
of wind may cause you to lose control of your vehicle. Extra
attention should be given to cross winds.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Eastern San Miguel County Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 11:37 AM MDT Mar. 23, 2018 – National Weather Service
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 2:30 PM MDT Mar. 23, 2018 – National Weather Service
... Red flag warning remains in effect until 8 PM MDT this
... Red flag warning in effect from 2 PM to 8 PM MDT Saturday...
The National Weather Service in Albuquerque has issued a red flag
warning... which is in effect from 2 PM to 8 PM MDT Saturday. The
Fire Weather Watch is no longer in effect.
* Area and timing... northeast Highlands, northeast and east
Central Plains, and the Sandia, Manzano and Gallinas Mountains.
Critical fire weather conditions will continue through early
this evening. Critical fire weather conditions will redevelop
Saturday afternoon across these areas.
* 20 foot winds... southwest to west sustained at 25 to 40 mph with
gusts of up to 55 mph through early this evening. Southwest
winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts to near 40 mph are expected
Saturday afternoon and early evening.
* Relative humidity... minimum humidities ranging from 10 to 15
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
Please advise the appropriate officials or fire crews in the
field of this red flag warning.