... Wind Advisory in effect from noon today to 8 PM MDT this
The National Weather Service in Albuquerque has issued a Wind
Advisory, which is in effect from noon today to 8 PM MDT this
* Location... much of northern and central New Mexico along and
south of Interstate 40 and along and east of Interstate 25. This
includes the Albuquerque and Santa Fe Metro areas.
* Winds... south to southwest 25 to 40 mph with gusts to around 50
or 55 mph.
* Timing... winds will increase this morning, reach peak speeds mid
to late this afternoon, then diminish around sunset.
* Visibility... locally reduced in dust prone areas.
* Local impacts... take action to secure trash cans, lawn
furniture, and other loose or lightweight outdoor objects.
Drivers of vans, campers, trailers, and other high profile
vehicles should exercise extreme caution, especially on west to
east oriented highways, including Interstate 40.
Motorists should exercise caution while travelling. Sudden gusts
of wind may cause you to lose control of your vehicle. Extra
attention should be given to cross winds.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Guadalupe County Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 2:36 AM MDT May. 26, 2019 – National Weather Service
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 3:07 AM MDT May. 26, 2019 – National Weather Service
... Red flag warning in effect from noon today to 8 PM MDT this
The National Weather Service in Albuquerque has issued a red flag
warning... which is in effect from noon today to 8 PM MDT this
evening. The Fire Weather Watch is no longer in effect.
* Area and timing... west Central Highlands, middle Rio Grande
Valley and Sandia, Manzano and Gallinas Mountains. Critical
conditions are expected to develop by early afternoon and
persist into the early evening hours before diminishing.
* 20 foot winds... sustained 20 to 35 mph with gusts to around 45
or 50 mph.
* Relative humidity... ranging from 7 to 13 percent.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will have the ability to
spread rapidly. Outdoor burning is not recommended.
Please advise the appropriate officials or fire crews in the
field of this red flag warning.