... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 5 PM EST this
* locations... all of central New York and northeast Pennsylvania.
* Winds... west 20 to 30 mph with gusts 40 to 50 mph.
* Timing... this morning through late afternoon.
* Impacts... strong winds may blow down limbs, trees, and power
lines. Scattered power outages are expected.
Wind advisories are issued when sustained wind speeds of at
greater than 30 mph and/or wind gusts over 45 mph are expected.
Winds of this magnitude could cause minor damage to trees, power
lines and weaker structures. Persons in the advisory area should
secure all loose objects. If you are traveling through the
advisory area keep a firm grip on the wheel, especially for those
driving high profile vehicles.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Chemung Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 2:37 AM EST Nov. 19, 2017 – National Weather Service
Nearby Radar Stations
- Big Flats
- Big Flats Airport
- Birchland Park
- Dewittsburg Park Housing Project
- East Elmira
- Elmira Heights
- Golden Glow Heights
- Harris Hill Manor
- Hathorn Court
- Hoffman Plaza Housing Project
- Holly Park Terrace
- Horseheads North
- Maplehurst Park
- North Chemung
- Orchard Knoll
- Owens Mills
- Pine City
- Pine Valley
- Pioneer Village
- Post Creek
- Rush Run
- Seeley Creek
- Tompkins Corners
- Van Etten
- Van Etten Junction
- Webb Mills
- West Elmira