... Red flag warning remains in effect until 8 PM PDT Wednesday
for gusty winds and low humidity for fire weather zone 639...
* affected area... Washington and Oregon fire zone 639 covering
the Simcoe Highlands... the eastern Columbia River gorge... and
the east slopes of The Mount Hood National Forest.
* Timing... winds will diminish overnight and then increase again
Wednesday with very low humidity and dry vegetation.
* Wind... west winds 15 to 25 mph with local gusts to 35 mph by
* Humidity... 15 to 25 percent on Wednesday.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... .or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Upper Hood River Valley Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 8:55 PM PDT Jul. 17, 2018 – National Weather Service