... Winter Storm Watch in effect from late Thursday night through
* what... heavy snow possible. Total snow accumulations of 8 to 16
inches, with localized amounts up to 2 feet, are possible.
* Where... Siskiyou Mountains and southern Oregon Cascades
including Mt. Ashland ski area, Highway 140 at Lake of The
Woods, and Interstate 5 at Siskiyou Summit.
* When... from late Thursday night through Friday evening. The main
impacts to Interstate 5 at Siskiyou Summit is expected to occur
during night time hours with wet or slushy roadways during
* Additional details... strong southwest winds of 20 to 30 mph with
gusts to 40 mph will create near blizzard conditions at times
over the peaks, including at the Mt. Ashland ski area. Plan on
difficult travel conditions, including during the evening
commute on Friday.
* View the hazard area in detail at
* stock emergency kit with tire chains, flashlight, batteries,
blankets, food, water, and medications.
* The safest place during a winter storm is indoors.
* Plan now to avoid traveling during the storm.
* A Winter Storm Watch means there is potential for significant
snow accumulations that may create dangerous travel.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Siskiyou Mountains and Southern Oregon Cascades Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Storm Watch
Issued: 2:06 PM PDT Mar. 21, 2018 – National Weather Service