... Fire Weather Watch in effect from Thursday afternoon through
late Thursday night for abundant lightning and gusty outflow
winds for fire weather zones 610, 611, and 640...
The National Weather Service in Pendleton has issued a Fire
Weather Watch, which is in effect from Thursday afternoon through
late Thursday night.
* Affected area... in Oregon... fire weather zones 610... 611... and
640 covering the east slopes of the Oregon Cascades, central
Oregon, and the Prineville district.
* Timing... scattered thunderstorms will develop Thursday afternoon
and evening and will decrease to isolated thunderstorms after
* Lightning activity... 3 in the afternoon and evening... decreasing
to 2 overnight.
* Precipitation... a tenth of an inch or less with most storms.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions
are forecast to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible
red flag warnings.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Central Oregon Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Fire Weather Watch
Issued: 2:42 PM PDT Aug. 15, 2018 – National Weather Service