... Winter Storm Watch remains in effect from Thursday afternoon
through Friday morning...
* what... snow with accumulations of a trace to 4 inches possible
in the watch area. In addition, winds could gust to 55 mph and
result in visibility of less than a half mile during periods
* Where... generally along and west of U.S. 281 from Jacksboro,
to Mineral Wells, to Lampasas.
* When... from late Thursday afternoon through early Friday
* Additional details... travel could be very difficult. The
hazardous conditions could impact the Thursday evening and/or
Friday morning commutes. Gusty winds could bring down tree
branches and result in power outages.
A Winter Storm Watch means there is potential for significant
snow, sleet or ice accumulations that may impact travel. Continue
to monitor the latest forecasts.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Eastland Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Storm Watch
Issued: 10:40 PM CST Dec. 12, 2018 – National Weather Service
Issued: 9:42 PM CST Dec. 12, 2018 – National Weather Service
... Wind Advisory remains in effect from noon Thursday to noon CST
* timing... noon Thursday to noon Friday, with the highest winds
expected Thursday evening into early Friday morning.
* Winds... northerly winds will increase to around 35 to 40 mph,
with several gusts upwards of 50 to 55 mph probable.
* Impacts... loose outdoor objects, such as decorations, will be
blown about in the wind. Driving will become difficult on east-
west oriented roads, especially for those in high-profile
vehicles. Falling tree branches will be hazardous to those
outside. Additionally, isolated power outages are probable.
Strong winds of 30 to 40 mph, with gusts in excess of 50 mph are
forecast to occur. These winds will make driving difficult for
all vehicles. Boaters should stay off area lakes as waters will
become very rough. Weak trees may be blown over and some minor
structural damage is also possible. Residents should take action
to ensure all lightweight outdoor objects are secured.