... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 3 PM this afternoon to
9 am CST Friday...
* what... snow expected. Total snow accumulations of up to three
inches expected. Winds gusting as high as 55 mph.
* Where... areas generally west of a Jacksboro to Lampasas line.
* When... from 3 PM this afternoon to 9 am CST Friday.
* Additional details... plan on slippery Road conditions. The
hazardous conditions could impact the evening or morning
commute. Strong winds could cause tree damage.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means periods of snow will
cause primarily travel difficulties. Expect snow covered roads
and limited visibilities, and use caution while driving.
The latest Road conditions for Texas can be found at
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Erath Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Weather Advisory
Issued: 4:43 AM CST Dec. 13, 2018 – National Weather Service
Issued: 9:42 PM CST Dec. 12, 2018 – National Weather Service
... Wind Advisory remains in effect from noon Thursday to noon CST
* timing... noon Thursday to noon Friday, with the highest winds
expected Thursday evening into early Friday morning.
* Winds... northerly winds will increase to around 35 to 40 mph,
with several gusts upwards of 50 to 55 mph probable.
* Impacts... loose outdoor objects, such as decorations, will be
blown about in the wind. Driving will become difficult on east-
west oriented roads, especially for those in high-profile
vehicles. Falling tree branches will be hazardous to those
outside. Additionally, isolated power outages are probable.
Strong winds of 30 to 40 mph, with gusts in excess of 50 mph are
forecast to occur. These winds will make driving difficult for
all vehicles. Boaters should stay off area lakes as waters will
become very rough. Weak trees may be blown over and some minor
structural damage is also possible. Residents should take action
to ensure all lightweight outdoor objects are secured.