... Red flag warning remains in effect until 8 PM PDT this evening
for gusty winds and low humidity for Washington fire weather zone
* affected area... in Washington... fire zone 641 covering the
lower Columbia Basin and the Blue Mountain foothills of
* Timing... winds will increase as the day progresses with locally
breezy winds during the late afternoon and early evening.
* Wind... southwest to west wind 10 to 20 mph with local gusts to
* Humidity... 10 to 20 percent.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... .or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Foothills of the Blue Mountains of Washington Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 9:05 AM PDT Jul. 18, 2018 – National Weather Service