... Red flag warning remains in effect until 8 PM PDT Wednesday
for gusty winds and low humidity for fire weather zone 639...
* affected area... Washington and Oregon fire zone 639 covering
the Simcoe Highlands... the eastern Columbia River gorge... and
the east slopes of The Mount Hood National Forest.
* Timing... winds have increased this afternoon and will become
windy in many areas during the evening. Although winds will
decrease overnight... another day of breezy to windy conditions
can be expected on Wednesday.
* Wind... west winds 15 to 25 mph with local gusts to 35 mph.
* Humidity... 10 to 20 percent this afternoon. 15 to 25 percent on
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... .or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
East Slopes of the Washington Cascades Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 1:06 PM PDT Jul. 17, 2018 – National Weather Service