... Winter Weather Advisory now in effect from 4 am to noon CDT
* locations... Ashland, Hurley, Park falls and Phillips.
* Timing... rain will change to freezing rain and sleet, possibly
mixing snow at times, and continue through Thursday morning.
* Ice accumulations... around one quarter of an inch.
* Snow accumulations... up to 1 inch.
* Winds... north 5 to 10 mph.
* Impacts... ice and snow accumulations will create treacherous
driving conditions. The weight of the ice and snow on tree
limbs and power lines could produce numerous outages.
A Winter Weather Advisory for mixed precipitation means a mixture
of freezing rain... snow and sleet is expected. Small
accumulations of snow and ice are expected on untreated roads and
sidewalks. Anyone with travel plans should be prepared for
slippery roads and reduced visibility. Slow down when driving and
allow for extra stopping distance because you may lose control of
your vehicle if you try to slow down or stop quickly.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Iron Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Weather Advisory
Issued: 5:48 PM CDT Apr. 26, 2017 – National Weather Service