News & Blogs
Don't Forget! Fall Back Tonight as Daylight Saving Time Ends
Published: November 2, 2019
It's that time of the year again! Sunday, November 3rd, we "fall back" to standard time in a large portion of the country.
This means we'll have to move our clocks back an hour at 2:00 AM or before we head to bed.
There are a few additional things that we can do during this time warp that might actually save your life and a little money:
- Change the batteries in your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors
- Replace the filters in air conditioning and heating units to save energy
- Check your emergency and storm/hurricane kits to replace anything that you may have used during the year
- Reverse your ceiling fans to the clockwise direction to force warm air toward the floor
- Have your chimney swept and cleaned of potential fire hazards.
If you've got a battery-powered weather radio, go ahead and change the batteries on that too.
Remember that Hawaii and portions of Arizona do not observe daylight saving time.
The Weather Company’s primary journalistic mission is to report on breaking weather news, the environment and the importance of science to our lives. This story does not necessarily represent the position of our parent company, IBM.